Vocal Toolkit is a free plugin for Praat with automated scripts for voice processing.
Praat is an open-source program for the analysis of speech in phonetics, created by Paul Boersma and David Weenink of the University of Amsterdam.
- Added command "Change vocal tract size, pitch and duration"
- Added commands "Calculate formants of a vocal tract" and "Calculate vocal tract length"
- Added command "Declick"
- Added command "Create vowel"
- Updated code syntax.
Commands are grouped into two added dropdown menus, Copy and Process, that will appear when one or more Sounds are selected in the list of objects.
- Copy: These commands work with two selected Sounds. They are used to modify characteristics of the second selected Sound to match those of the first selected Sound.
- Process: These commands are used to process the selected Sounds or to create new ones.
The scripts do not modify the selected Sounds but create new Sounds with the processing result.
For more details on each command, please see the corresponding links on the left.
NOTE: I'm not an expert in phonetics. These scripts were developed as tools for my work as a multimedia programmer and I publish them with the hope that they can be useful.
This plugin is open source and can be used for any purpose.
Please consider to make a donation to support my work and costs. Thank you!