Vocal Toolkit is a free plugin for Praat with automated scripts for voice processing.
Praat is an open-source program for the analysis of speech in phonetics, created by Paul Boersma and David Weenink of the University of Amsterdam.
- Updated code syntax.
- Added command "Copy intensity (average dB)".
- "Extract voiced and unvoiced...". Added option "Create TextGrid".
- "Dynamic time warping (DTW)...". Revised code.
- Added "Process only voiced parts" in the commands "Change formants..." and "Copy formants..."
- Comments about the original sources were included in some scripts.
- Added command "Mark vowels in a TextGrid"
- Added command "Create vowel..."
This plugin adheres to the convention that commands that take arguments end in three dots (...). Also, all scripts leave the original Sound in the list and select the resulting new Sound at the end.
Commands are grouped into two added dropdown menus, Copy and Process, that will appear when one or more Sound objects are selected in the list of objects.
- Copy: These commands work with two selected Sound objects. They are used to copy a specific characteristic of the first selected Sound object to the second selected Sound.
- Process: These commands are used to process the selected Sound objects or to create new ones.
For more details on each command, please see the corresponding links on the left.
NOTE: I'm not an expert in phonetics. These scripts were developed as tools for my work as a multimedia programmer and I publish them with the hope that they can be useful for others.
This plugin is open source and can be used for any purpose.
Please consider to make a donation to support my work and costs. Thank you!